Holiday Festival of Lights Guidelines
Submit the following to the Holiday Festival of Lights Committee
Completed Official Entry Form: Please provide all information requested - if your form is missing information it will be returned to you.
Entry Fee: Schools, Non-profits & Churches $50, Social Clubs $100, Businesses $150. Check or money order payable to Holiday Festival of Lights. If your entry form is not accepted your check will be returned to you.
Sketch & Production Details of Your Display: Include the quantity of string lights and spotlights and the length, height and width of your display. Prior participants must submit a new description and sketch each year.
Mail everything to: Holiday Festival of Lights, PO Box 1027, Rockford, IL 61105
Questions?: Call 815-494-2569
1. All displays must relate to - "The Holiday Season & Spirit of Christmas"
2. Please use LED C7 or C9 light bulbs or LED string lights. This will make your display much brighter and conserve energy.
3. All maintainance of the display is the sole responsibility of the participant.
4. Displays must be durable and built to withstand the weather such as high winds, ice, rain and heavy snow.
5. Participants furnish all materials for the design and construction of their displays.
6. To allow for snow plowing each display must be constructed twelve (12) or more feet away from the road.
7. Advertising for your company name will be limited to the 2' x 4' sign provided by the Festival of Lights Committee. No other recognition signage will be allowed as part of your display. The sign will read "Display Courtesy of Your Company Name"
8. A maximum of four 75-watt spotlights per display are allowed and they must be mounted a minimum or 18" off the ground to avoid moisture damage.
9. Each display will have a minimum lighting requirment of 500 light bulbs. If string lights are used we recommend using strings that do not go out completely when one light fails.
Event participation is subject to the sole discretion of the Rockford 4th of July Civic/Festival of Lights Committee.